Monday, April 9, 2007

Piece of cake

last saturday was one hectic day. after work at 2 o'clock, i had to finish the wedding cake for my friend. our kitchen was crazy between my mom cooking for guest and me finishing a cake and running into some unexpected, unpleasant surprises. the icing i was using had to much moisture and the more it came to room temperature, the more it melted off the cake. i had to strip the cake of the buttercream and beat some more powdered sugar into the frosting to make it more firm. after the frustration was over, then i got to put the flowers on the cake. it turned out beautiful.



turned out pretty good for my first major cake.


here is the cake at the wedding.


the wedding was very pretty for a small scale wedding. it was held at a lady's house on a lake from my friend's church. her backyard was a lovely spot for a wedding.

















a couple of my friends from school at the wedding.




here's me cutting the rest of the cake after the bride and groom had the first piece.





here it is as it is beginning to be demolished.


so their ya go, my one and only. i have had friends tell me that i will be doing there cake when they eventually have their wedding. and i decided that this was a one time thing. but ya never know.


2 comments:

Terri said...

Wow, the wedding cake is gorgeous. I didn't know you had such talents. You look as beautiful as ever at the wedding.

vanessa said...

i still can't believe i didn't get a piece!