Tuesday, January 2, 2007

finally i have my own blog!!

well after years of only being dd, now that i have entered adulthood i am entering the world of blogging. oh the excitement!!! my mom, vanessa, will have to help me with maneuvering blogspot.


well that being said, i cannot wait to talk about my projects. while in jacksonville for christmas at my brother's house, sil, my mother, and i tootled our way over to the local yarn store. my mother and i were as giddy as little kids in a candy store we gathered wonderful fibers to fix our addiction; while sil reluctantly left her traveler in the car to join us. last christmas sil and mom went to the shop w/o me because i was recovering from sleep withdrawal and extreme post crankiness from wrapping presents until 4 a.m. the previous morning then traveling from fort lauderdale to jacksonville with no room to move in the packed cadidilac. mom got plenty of goodies. i got some peace fleece, jagger spun zephyr silk/wool, seasilk, and kid merino. i have already made my first pair of mittens from the two colors of peace fleece and i am starting to make a lace scarf from the seasilk. the store is wonderful!!! and the lady who owns the shop is lovely. she even balls the yarn for you.


here are my peace fleece mittens.





i am seriously enjoying winter break from school!! if only it was longer. now that i have less than a week left it seems to be going by rather quickly. i have had time to relax, knit, read, and do the dye, spin, knit-along with mom. i haven't had this much time on my hands since the summer. i look forward to school in knowing that the weeks will fly by in the last five months of my senior year. senioritis is definitely kicking in now, and the anxiety of not hearing back for university of florida is getting very intense now that it's getting down to the wire. cross your fingers, cross your toes, and even cross your knitting needles that the letter will say CONGRATULATIONS!




speaking of christmas and college, i must have been a good dd cause santa mom was very nice to me this year. i got LOTS of stuff for college next fall including the start to my very own knitting supplies. i got a knit picks knitting needle set, some bamboo dpn in size 0, 1, and 2 for socks to keep my toesies warm, i got scarf styles, and i got lots of b-e-a-utiful knit goodies from my mom including two scarfs, one with matching mittens, a nice shawl pin for my sweater she made, and socks! also i got the bedsheets for my dorm next year that i really like in twin extra long, i laptop case in the vera bradly print that matches my luggage, tons of tip book for going into your freshman year, and lots of fun stuff.




you can see all the things she made better here.


raja even likes my goodies.

i am so excited to be involved in the blogging world myself and not just using my mom's.




tootles!!

3 comments:

vanessa said...

hello baby girl :-)
have fun with your new blog!

Terri said...

Congratulations on the new blog!!! Looks like you've joined the fiber world hook, line, and sinker.

I'll check back to see how you are making out with the Dye, Spin, Knit-along.

I'm curious about the painting.

Unknown said...

Nice blog. I can't wait to see more. When are we going to have pictures of the fluffed fiber. BTW, your mother is quite the whiner.